Full and Part Time Assistant Teachers
The Country Childrens Center is seeking full-time and part-time Assistant Teachers to work in our Toddler and Preschool classrooms in our South Salem, Katonah and Yorktown locations.
You will be part of a team that is passionate about young children and work in partnership with the lead teacher. You will work in an environment where employees are also encouraged to continue learning. We offer support in programs such as the CDA to help you grow in your role. The Country Childrens Center offers competitive salary, benefits, PTO and sign on incentive.
Teacher Assistant responsibilities:
- Assist in developing lesson plans based on program requirements and the specific needs of each child
- Collaborate with teachers to monitor the development of each child
- Understand the teacher’s routine when it comes to delivering a lesson plan and running the class in the event that the teacher is absent on a particular day
- Work with children in the classroom to promote their learning and development
- Able to lift 40lbs and assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures while supervising and caring for children at all times.
- Comfortable with technology and desire for professional growth.
- Work as a collaborative and supportive team member.
High School diploma or its equivalent and two years direct experience with children less than 13 years of age.
Pay: $14.00 – $17.00 per hour