The Country Childrens Center is currently seeking a Lead PreK Teacher at our Watson Site located on the
beautiful property of IBM Watson in Yorktown and only minutes from the Taconic State Parkway. This position
is perfect for early childhood teachers who are nurturing, energetic, reliable and especially passionate about
the education of young children. The ideal candidate is a childcare professional who takes care of and
educates children about the basic fundamentals necessary for a successful transition to kindergarten.
The Teacher is responsible for working collaboratively with a teaching assistant, coordinating the curriculum,
and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s
cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom
environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in
communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide
teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
At the Country Childrens Center, you will work alongside a talented team of educators in a supportive
environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for early childhood
education. The Country Childrens Center offers competitive salary, benefits, PTO and sign on incentive.
• Coordinate and implement Creative Curriculum by developing classroom activities based on
developmentally appropriate practices, early learning standards, and kindergarten readiness.
• Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage
social, cognitive and emotional growth.
• Maintain frequent communications with parents.
• Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
• Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and
cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
• Observe, reflect and assess on children’s social, emotional, cognitive and academic development.
• Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience and minimum of associate’s degree in
Early Childhood education. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood preferred.
• High energy.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
• Ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
• A strong understanding of child development.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to
Carmelina Myers at Careers@countrychildrenscenter.org