This is a temporary full-time, position to cover our regular Lead Infant teacher who is going on leave. Position will start in December and continue into early April. Depending on needs; position or similar position could go permanent.
Do you love babies? Does watching a baby’s early development amaze you? Are you an energetic teacher with experience with young children?
The Country Childrens Center is not only a wonderful place for children; it is also a great place to work! We are located in Bedford Hills, NY, right off the Saw Mill Parkway and Route 117.
This position is perfect for early childhood teachers who are nurturing, energetic, reliable and especially passionate about the growth and development of infants. The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful individual who enjoys caring for infants ages 8 weeks to 18 months. This role encourages infants to discover the world through play and provide a warm and safe environment to develop and reach age-appropriate milestones.
At the Country Childrens Center, you will work alongside a talented team of educators in a supportive environment where you are encouraged to grow in your field and share your passion for early childhood education. At Country Childrens Center our salaries and benefit offers are competitive and paid time off is generous.
As a Lead Teacher, you will have the opportunity to:
· Create lesson plans that are developmentally appropriate and support the goal and developmental level of infants. Our teachers work 12 months per year.
· Learn and implement The Creative Curriculum for Infants.
· Provide an engaging classroom environment that is responsive to children’s interests and developmental needs. (You don’t have to buy your own creative classroom supplies – we buy them for you!)
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and families of children we serve and communicate with parents about their children’s progress.
· Be a collaborative and supportive team member.
· Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or a CDA with at least one year full time teaching experience in an infant classroom.
· Able to lift 30 lbs. and assume postures in low level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children.
· Ability to adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures while supervising and caring for children.
· Comfortable with technology and desire for professional growth.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $35,360 – $46,000 annually