Lead Teacher – Pre-school
Do you love working with young children?
The Country Childrens Center is seeking energetic full-time Lead Teachers to work with 3 year-old children at our Oak Ridge site in South Salem, NY. You will be part of a team that is passionate about young children and work in partnership with a teaching assistant.
The Country Childrens Center is not only a wonderful place for children; it is also a great place to work!
We encourage our staff to continue learning and offer support for training in early education and child development programs. At Country Childrens Center our salaries and benefit offerings are competitive and paid time off is generous.
As a Lead Teacher, you will have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate and implement Creative Curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices, early learning standards, and kindergarten readiness.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Communicate frequently with parents.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Create a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Observe, reflect and assess on children’s social, emotional, cognitive and academic development.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience and minimum of associate’s degree in Early Childhood education. Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood preferred.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with technology and desire for professional growth.
- Ability to collaborate well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed.
- Must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Pay: $17-$22 per hour
Please send your resume to Salli Figler, HR Manager email@example.com